Saturday, September 26, 2009

SIZE ISN'T EVERYTHING

I have been in the fashion business a long time..on the retail and wholesale end. What has always been an issue is women complaining about their size or the size of the garment they are trying on. I cannot tell you how many complaints I have heard over the years about this..."i'm fat"..."this is running small".."do you think these are mismarked?".. I am here to tell you something that might make you feel a bit better about "buying your size". Just because you are a size "6" and do not fit in a particular garment that says says "size 6" does not mean you are fat. It simply means that all designers fit and size their collection differently. It would be in your best interest to buy the garment by the fit not by the number. Sometimes garments look better worn a bit loose..so go up a size..big deal. I always buy my pants and tee shirts one size bigger for a loose fit. It is just my preference. 

So next time you are out doing a little retail therapy...remember what I said...SIZE ISN'T EVERYTHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment